Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Day 3 of the challenge: Learning to Give myself more Grace, and accepting wisdom

Today started off with another message from Christa--"I read your blog.  Did you say you were hungry the first day?  What were your snacks?"

Now, I *thought* I knew "the rules" and was supposed to stick to things under 200 calories for snacks,  but then Christa sent me THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRSQnz2g7SI

I was flabbergasted.  It's not often you end up realizing that you're not eating enough on a cleanse!  I'm used to a handful of almonds and a few slices of apple, or a teaspoon of PB and celery...but proteins that aren't nuts--I wasn't eating enough, quantity-wise, and so now I'm diving into grilled chicken strips or eggs and veggies, and feeling fuller during the day.  I was so grateful for Christa's encouragement and eating suggestions today.  


Meanwhile, I've also been searching for some recipe ideas incorporating protein powder into things other than shakes.  One of my favorite finds is:

AdvoCare Protein Snack Balls! 

- 1 AdvoCare Meal Replacement Shake (any flavor) OR 2 scoops protein powder any kind
- 1/2-3/4 cup nut butter (based on preference)
- 1 tbsp. honey
Take 1 tbsp. of dough and roll into a ball. Roll in desired topping and enjoy!
Topping Ideas:

Unsweetened coconut flakes
Mini chocolate chips (great for a dessert option)
Oats
Slivered almonds
Chopped nuts


Makes 4 servings. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.

My new favorite place to find recipes, outside of challenge support groups, has been 

There are  tons of seasonally-appropriate ideas and additional recipes added  all the time :D  In the winter, when I got tired of not having a hot beverage and spark seemed less appealing, I found an Sugar free apple cider and orange spark recipe that made me look forward to my mornings again! 

 I am making progress at adding new, fresh ideas into our meal and snack rotations,  But where I need to give myself grace is...well, daily life.  I know I'm a stress eater and though I've gotten much better about the quantity and quality, I really struggle not to give in to chocolate when my 3 year old is screaming, kicking and pulling my hair. Today, I gave in more to cravings than I'd like, BUT I still got back on track, finished out the day with supplements, portion sizing and a protein shake now before bed.  Tomorrow is another opportunity for clean eating, and I'm looking forward to a grocery run for some more veggies and trying my hand again at making cauliflower rice (fingers crossed it goes better this time than last!)

No comments:

Post a Comment