Saturday, April 16, 2016

Prepping for a 24 day challenge

Usually, a 24 day challenge comes in a package of sorts-- 10 day cleanse (herbal cleanse + fiber),  14 day max phase (MNS nutritional system/vitamins + meal replacement) and a booklet that walks you through the challenge step by step--BUT  it also is available in "virtual coach" form (https://www.advocare.com/24daychallenge/VirtualCoach/default.aspx)  AND/or as an app for your smart phone!
RESOURCES

iphone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/advocare-24-day-challenge/id848270070?mt=8
android:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.advocare&hl=en

Sounds....daunting?  it's not--there's a LOT of freedom in how you approach it.  Here's a sample "meal plan"

Lunch

Protein + Veggies + Complex Carb

As a Type A personality, I honestly found the freedom daunting (as I wasn't sure what was sure what to make!)  and they cover that, too! 

https://www.advocare.com/24daychallenge/VirtualCoach/mealPlanning.aspx

Grocery list (not for specific recipes, but examples of proteins, veggies, complex carbs and tips for how to best shop the store for what you need), snack ideas, and recipes--all for downloading.  

HOW I PREP

*I sit down and plan out dinners for a week, along with snacks
*We create a grocery shopping list, along with coupons (yay for shop n save's new electronic app and coupons)
*After shopping, I chop and cut and package into portions where I can--this is ALWAYS the most helpful for me when I'm thinking about the week and trying to stay healthy, as making things easy to grab quickly makes them much more appealing for me and the kids. 

And most importantly--I start good/better habits before I *officially* have to.  Drinking at least half my weight in water a day is the goal, and watching portion size, and remembering to have protein in my breakfast are all things I've tried to be working on daily whether or not I'm doing a challenge.  Prep days (1-2 days before I start) are days I'm even more focused on these. 

That's it!  Seriously--planning meals, prepping fruits and veggies, and being conscious of building good habits in the days prior to a challenge are really the only things I worry about, and the app/daily planner really helps with everything else ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment